• Voodoochilli Design
  • Voodoochilli Design

Match Report: Hereford FC 1-1 AFC Wulfrunians

14th February 2016 by Chris Phillips - Uncategorised

It was a frustrating afternoon for Hereford as they were held to a 1-1 draw by a resilient Wulfrunians side.

Mustapha Bundu got Hereford off to a flying start but they were eventually pegged back by a Craig Gregg finish.

Harvey Rivers returned to the Hereford side as they looked to continue their impressive unbeaten run of 31 games without defeat.

The Bulls made the brighter start to game, controlling possession whilst John Mills also saw a header saved comfortably by Wulfrunians keeper, Damian Stevens.

The visitors responded and Rivers had to pull off a smart save to deny Richard Anslow an opening.

James Pilling saw another Bulls effort saved comfortably by Stevens but the game became more even with neither side being able to exert any real pressure on goal.

And then came the first real moment of the game when Hereford were awarded a penalty 19 minutes in.

Mills was brought down in the area by Chris Waterhouse following a ball over the top. However, much to the surprise of the Edgar Street crowd, Mills fired his effort wide and scores remained level.

The visitors then had another great chance to take the lead. Jamie King broke away and forced Rivers into another decent save.

And the first goal of the game came 33 minutes in. Joe Tumelty played a wonderful ball through to Bundu who finished beautifully beyond Stevens to give the Bulls the lead.

Hereford had a great chance to double their advantage towards the end of the first half, Mike Symons blasting his shot well over the bar from 8 yards after good work down the left by Joel Edwards.

Bulls came out and had another great opportunity to extend their lead. Bundu broke well again down

They were made to pay for that miss just a minute later as Wulfrunians levelled proceedings in unfortunate circumstances.  Harvey Rivers fired his clearance straight at Jimmy Oates and Craig Gregg was there to pick up the ball and fire in to an empty net.

The goal gave the visitors a confidence boost with Jamie King firing a decent effort just over the bar as they pressed the hosts in to making some uncharacteristic errors.

Manager, Peter Beadle brought on Pablo Haysham as the hosts looked for a moment of quality that would get them a second goal.

Bundu saw a header hit the bar and Mills fired wide as Hereford continued to press and search for a winner.

Stevens then pulled off a magnificent save to deny Mike Symons and Hereford in injury time. Despite all of the late pressure, the hosts were unable to force a winner and the spoils were shared.

agarioagariosevgiliye kitap - evden eve nakliyat
agarioagariosevgiliye kitap - evden eve nakliyat
Filter News By

SEASON TICKETS | 1,250 Sales So Far

22nd June 2018 by Jamie Griffiths - Club News, Tickets

With the Early Bird deadline fast approaching, another busy day of season ticket sales has now seen us pass the […]

Read more

First Community Partnership Launched With St Michael’s Hospice

22nd June 2018 by Chris Ammonds - Club News, Latest News

Hereford FC is delighted to announce that it is forming its first community partnership with St Michael’s Hospice, under the […]

Read more

SEASON TICKETS | Early Bird Offer Ends Soon

22nd June 2018 by Jamie Griffiths - Tickets

Sales of season tickets have now exceeded the 1,100 mark, with sales likely to exceed 1,200 by the end of […]

Read more

Urgent Blood Donations Needed in Hereford

20th June 2018 by Jamie Griffiths - Club News

NHS Blood and Transplant service aim to collect 6,000 units of blood every day but are still urgently trying to […]

Read more

Enjoy Our Hospitality For Newport Friendly

20th June 2018 by Jamie Griffiths - Commercial

We’re now taking hospitality bookings for our first home pre-season friendly against League 2 Newport County on 21st July 2018, […]

Read more
  • Voodoochilli Design