• Voodoochilli Design
  • Voodoochilli Design

REPORT: Hereford 4-1 Haughmond

21st November 2015 by Chris Phillips - Uncategorised

Hereford continued their fine of form of late by beating Haughmond 4-1 in front of another remarkable Edgar Street crowd.

Goals from Rob Purdie, John Mills, Pablo Haysham and Mike Symons sealed the win and saw the hosts safely through to the next round.

Hereford were looking to extend their remarkable 18 game winning run and build momentum towards a potential trip to Wembley.

Haughmond dominated possession early on and took advantage of a slip from Rob Purdie although a succession of corners came to nothing.

However their early dominance wasn’t to last long as the Bulls took the lead on the 7th minute.

Joel Edwards broke through the middle and played through Mills before being fouled. With the referee playing advantage, Mills continued the break down the left flank before finding Purdie who finished calmly beyond Sam Jones.

The game turned scrappy with both sides struggling giving the ball away cheaply as well as failing to create anything the way of goal scoring opportunities.

Despite being behind, the visitors continued to press well as they searched for a leveller.

However Hereford defended resiliently and countered well to get a second on the 30th minute. Mills beat two men with a neat exchange before firing beyond Jones to double the host’s advantage.

Haughmond fashioned their first real chance 37 minutes in but Steve Hole fired well wide of the goal.
The hosts could have had a third on the stroke of half time. Mills, once again in the action, found Haysham in space but his effort went narrowly off the inside post.

The Bulls started the second half brilliantly and scored a third just a minute in to it. Edwards broke well again down the left and his cross was met superbly by Haysham to make it 3-0.

However despite the start, Haughmond got a goal back almost immediately, through a neat counter attack following a spell of Hereford possession. Dave Howarth scored beyond Rivers after the Bulls defence was left exposed at the back.

The goal gave the visitors confidence and they looked much the better side as the Bulls switched off.
Hereford improved after a nervous period, and got a fourth on the 72nd minute through Mike Symons to re-build the three goal cushion.

The fourth goal settled the nerves again and the Bulls looked far more comfortable in possession with Mills going close to making it five.

With the game all but won, Hereford closed the game out comfortably for a 19th straight win.

agarioagariosevgiliye kitap - evden eve nakliyat
agarioagariosevgiliye kitap - evden eve nakliyat
Filter News By

REPORT | F.A Cup Replay To Come After Bulls Held By Truro

23rd September 2018 by Ben Catton - Club News

An entertaining draw between Hereford FC and Truro City ended goalless at Edgar Street after a lively Emirates FA Cup […]

Read more

ACADEMY | Saturday Results Round Up

23rd September 2018 by Jamie Griffiths - Academy

Four of the five Junior Premier League sides were in action on Saturday morning, with two at home and two […]

Read more

REACTION | Jackson On Edgar Street Return

23rd September 2018 by Jamie Griffiths - Club News, Interviews
Read more

REACTION | Green Following Truro Cup Draw

23rd September 2018 by Jamie Griffiths - Club News, Interviews
Read more

GALLERY | Hereford 0-0 Truro City

22nd September 2018 by Steve Niblett - Club News, Gallery
Read more
  • Voodoochilli Design